Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fuck, I Should Have Reviewed The Hunter Today.

Curse my hubris, now I have to make a blog post out of nothing. Uuuuuugh this is gonna be painful for all involved.

I'm sick of people getting mortally offended when I disagree with them. I'm not calling you a shithead when I say I don't agree, for fucks sake. I mean, if you put your idea out into the public forum, surely you realise that some people may not agree with it, and they will probably express that opinion, right? Just as you expressed yours... You know what, this is running closer to a topic than a tangent, here we fucking go.

Say you've met someone, and you don't know them well enough to know all the ins and outs of their beliefs but you know enough about them to know they're a decent person, you have mutual friends, isn't it a safe bet that they're not gonna turn out to be a closet racist, or homophobe, or rapist or whatever? Wouldn't you at least trust your own judgement, if not your friends'?

I had a discussion with a rad-fem friend of mine about Schroedinger's Rapist, and either my understanding of the concept is fucked or I give off way more of a rapist vibe than I'd like. See, my understanding of the concept is that, although one in six men are statistically rapists, once you've got to know the men, the odds get better. They're never zero, but men who demonstrate certain personality traits are more or less likely to rape a lady, so you can kinda pick and choose your male company accordingly. Apparently not, though. Apparently I'm just as likely to be a rapist as the guy with an "I <3 Rape" shirt... that hurts.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah... I don't hate you just because I disagree, I just think you're wrong. Let us talk and discuss, as men used to do. Now I must depart, as I have double vision. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment