Sunday, August 1, 2010

...I hate myself for having to do this.

One goddamn week. One week was all it took for uni to take away all my ideas. Fuck. Oh well, I'm going out for Chinese Hotpot tonight, so in the spirit of that great dish, here are the raw ingredients, simmer them how you wish. Or whatever, here's a list of shit that pissed me off this week.

1) "Lying" by Amy Meredith. Fuck this new Aussie band and this catchy-arse song of theirs. It's... garbage, it really is. The fuzzy bass, the boring guitar, the lead singer's whiny voice and the banal lyrics all add up to a song which is just terrible. Except for the fact that it's STUCK IN MY GODDAMN HEAD! Should I hear a snatch of it, for whatever reason, not even a pneumatic jackhammer could dislodge the bastard. Amy Meredith, fuck you and your insidious mind control tactics and start writing good songs.

2) The multitude of awesome bands who I've only just become aware of. This month/week/day/nanosecond it's Band of Horses, Spoon, My Morning Jacket, Sparklehorse and Gojira. All of them brilliant bands whose discographies I wish I had. YouTube, what a saviour you are.

3) People who drive under the speed limit. Seriously, it's a 70 kph zone! Why the fuck are you going 55? I hate you.

4) The campaign trail. I would not give two shits if future prime ministers took even one step out of their house if they were making good, effective policies, rather than just pandering to peoples xenophobia and racism. Seriously, what does Tony Abbott filleting a fish have to do with anything, ever?

5) People with annoying stupid voices that pull faces when they talk and say um all the fucking time and OH MY FUCKING GOD JUST STRING TWO WORDS TOGETHER WITHOUT AN UM OR SMACKING YOUR LIPS OR SOMETHING RETARDED! CHRIST!

6) Writers who have to resort to just spewing off a bunch of opinionated bullshit to cover for their lack of talent. I hate those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment